HAILENE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
HAILENE

Shards of Dalaya Guild and Online Community. *

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arisen Once More

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wolflen Darkmoon

Wolflen Darkmoon

Arisen Once More Empty
PostSubject: Arisen Once More   Arisen Once More EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 10:50 am

The plume of cigar smoke preceeded him into the tavern as he pushed the door open with ease. His hair was wet with melting snow, and snow still melted on his back and his packs that hung there. But he wasn't cold. In fact, he was quite literally at home in the snow. His large Barbaric stature was common here in Halas, but just the same, he noticed that less and less of his own people seemed to frequent the homelands as time progressed.

As he scanned the room, he found a place to sit at the bar, and he quickly ordered a drink as he took another puff of his cigar. He also asked the barkeep for a piece of blank parchment and something to write with. Moments later, he was scribing a message with the ink of a quill bone-pen.

"Gamot,

It has been a long slumber for me in the Great Divide; a deep trance induced by my own design, but I am again awake. I have seen many things while asleep; that you are now acting guild leader is an honor well deserved brother. My slumber for a time has found me with renewed energy and strength, but I am troubled by the news I have been hearing on the road back home. I hear not only that Kef has taken a personal quest that was done alone and which has kept our once leader away, but I also understand that Naumusku is missing as well. I have no word from or of Studlee, my one time sidekick in trouble, but not hearing leads me to believe that something is amiss within Hailene.
Alas, not all news is troubling. I recently took coin from ice giants to the North of here, and found a new friend in Endocrin, and enchanter of some renown. In befriending him, I spoke to him of my sadness regarding Hailene--that once we were a strong guild, full of life and a brother/sisterhood that was closer than family in most regards. But now it seems, each has been pulled in different directions--myself included for a time. Yet I would see Hailene restored to its former glory, and see it to new levels thereof. Endocrin brought some cheer however, telling me that he knew of Hailene, and specifically had encountered our old man Parlan in his travels. The encounter was favorable to Endocrin, as he spoke well of Hailene and knew our name.

And so brother, I beseech you, let me help build this guild back to numbers of strength. I may be able to help bring people to our banner. But what are your thoughts here? Are you already progressing in such areas? If so, how can I help? I will wait here in my cold homelands for another week. I will wait for word from you until then. In a week's time I am departing for Newport though, and so I hope to hear back from you before then.

Let us rebuild the glory of Hailene brother....
--Wolflen"

Wolflen rolled up the parchment and sealed it after taking a gulp of some Honey Mead. Then he asked the barkeep if there were any messengers around, and was soon satisfied after finding one. He placed the scroll in the messenger's hands and issued the instructions, as well as the description of the man to be found.....
"...and if you cannot find Gamot, seek out his love named Juliana of our people. She no doubt, is known to you."

The messenger nodded.

--

Another smoke plume filled the air as Wolflen sat back with his drink. His next item of business was to go through his packs and decide what he wanted to keep and what he wanted to be rid of. Of course, the bartender was more than happy to have some of the items Wolflen was discarding, and after a few items, a deal was struck for trade, allowing Wolflen to drink for free for a while in exchange form some of the things he discarded.
Ice chunks in particular, taken from the Ice Giants to the North, were a big hit, because the bartender said that they aided in brewing of various drinks. Wolflen had no use for them however, and knew they would only melt within his packs anyway.

Back to top Go down
Wolflen Darkmoon

Wolflen Darkmoon

Arisen Once More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arisen Once More   Arisen Once More EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:28 am

Wolflen crept quietly through the mansion of portals, an eerie place, but a necessary evil for many travelers. He gripped his weapon and shield tightly as he hunkered down quietly in a corner to avoid detection from wandering eyes. His pet and friend, Sespa had her fur raised, her hackles shown to alert anything and anyone that she would protect Wolflen even with her life if need be. Wolflen smiled as he looked at her and brushed nodded in her direction; a look of mutual understanding. Sespa too, knew the perils of the Mansion, and she would not make noise unless a battle commenced. But her uneasiness mirrored his own.

"Easy girl," he whispered in her direction, "no need to be so apprehensive now. Besides, not long from now we will be in Athica, and this brief rest stop will matter not. But first we have to get through it."

~

Athica was booming with life, as it always was. Wolflen knew exactly where to go now, having traveled there before by way of Mansion of Portals. As he reached Athcia he opened the door to the courtyard steps, and took a deep breath of fresh air. Apparently, he was the first to arrive, because as he looked around he saw no one else from Hailene. He scanned his surroundings and took a bit of some meat as he waited. To his surprise, he did see an old familiar face there; one who seemingly recognized him right away too. She nodded her head at him as she ascended the steps. When she caught a glimpse of his rank insignia now on his collar she smiled and simply said "Leiutenant.." as she passed by with a wide grin. Wolflen smiled and turned to watch her pass alongside one of her warrior friends. And suddenly a rush of memories struck him, and a new pride spread across his face.
Of all the people in all the places, you had to be here...and yet you recognized the new rank promotion....must mean you were really looking. Darn you.

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted as Memu slapped him on the shoulder. Wolflen turned at once, seeing both Memu and Mima standing there. Memu asked if Wolflen was ready, calling him by his rank in the guild with emphasis. Wolflen grinned and nodded.
"Hey," Wolflen said, "it is largely in part due to your word that I got this rank, so thank you. And I thank you for showing me the ropes lately brother. Much has changed while I was away but it is refreshing to be back now. Oh, and that reminds me...I managed to acuire a treasure map. It might be nothing, but then again it might be something. So if you have some time later, let's give it a crack."

As Wolflen was talking he was surprised to see Gamot trying to sneak around the pillars on the step like a mouse avoiding a cat. Wolflen caught it however and called him out. Gamot grinned. "Damn Wolflen, can't a man just humbly sneak around without notice?" Wolflen grinned. "A man can," he responded, "but remember that Juliana behind that pillar there is of my own race, and she is harder to miss. So what brings you guys here?"
"Just passing through and seeing what was going on. Any luck on recruiting?" Gamot asked. Wolflen nodded. "I have found a few prospects and are running them through the ringer. But most of my time has been spent questing or hunting with Memu here. He is quite the bounty hunter."
Memu chimed in now saying, "Aye, and I will make one out of you yet too Wolf."
Everyone laughed.
Back to top Go down
Wolflen Darkmoon

Wolflen Darkmoon

Arisen Once More Empty
PostSubject: Tic toc   Arisen Once More EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Tic, tic, tic.....

The clock continued its slow march toward midnight, and every little tick seemed to be as loud as the crack of thunder within his mind. He had been eager to accept the invitation, but only out of strange curiosity. In truth, the offer shot adrenaline through his veins, and struck a cord of nervousness within his emotions. He had no way of knowing any details, and so as he sat listening to the clock of Newport tick, he could only wait suspiciously. Part of him half-expected an ambush of sorts. But then he thought to himself,
I am a Captain of Newport. I bare their ring and amulet. To attack me here would only bring several guards to my side and blood to any who tried.
He took a deep breath, going over it in his mind, trying to fathom the cause of the letter that had sent him promptly toward Newport. He shook his head not understanding the reason, as though it were a vapor or fog that could not be grasped, but ahead of him; teasing him with a swirling caress that would continue to evade him. All he could do was unroll the parchment and study the words once more.

Wolf,

There is much that I need to tell you. I do not believe our recent encounter in Athica was a chance meeting. Will you meet me once more? Perhaps this time it could be on purpose? I will be at the Newport clock tower for the next three nights at midnight, in hopes of such a meeting. I hope you do not fail to entertain my request.

Lady Katrina Trueshot

Wolflen slipped the note back into one of his tunic pockets as he looked around. Sespa was not far off herself, keeping watch for any suspicious activity. As the clock continued ticking, Wolflen sat at its base; a large concrete border that seemed made for sitting upon.

Tic, tic, tic.....

It was only 11:18 PM and all Wolflen could do was listen to the sound of the clock and wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arisen Once More Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arisen Once More   Arisen Once More Empty

Back to top Go down

Arisen Once More
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
HAILENE :: GUILD TAVERN & COMMONS :: On the Veranda. *-
Jump to: